Blogger Backgrounds

Monday, February 15, 2010

One Great Weekend

Well, last Friday, Moody Alabama was blessed with some snow! It was perfect too. It started Friday around 10am or so and it came down all day. Just around 1 1/2 inches. It was great for the kids to play in and make snow angels (click here for photos), yet we never lost power or Directv. The girls could go out, play, come in, warm up, and go back out as much as they wanted! Lovely! We even made homemade snow ice cream that was pretty tasty. The snow hung around until Saturday morning so Marlee got a little extra snow time early Saturday.

Saturday turned out to be a great day also. We got up early (the norm for Marlee, Jeff and I but Shareen slept a while) and let Marls play in the snow. Jeff and I got ready and took Marls to Barnes and Noble to let her play at the train table and read books together (while he and I drank coffee). Then we had a practically free lunch at Joe's Crab Shack using a gift card my brother gave us for Christmas (thanks Bub!). Then, icing on the cake, we got home and put Marlee down for a nap and actually sat down TOGETHER and watched tv AT THE SAME TIME, something we rarely get to do.  Of course the teenager, Shareen, slept in, watched tv while we were gone and then once we got home she left to go babysit for a friend. We barely saw her Saturday, but I have a feeling she preferred it that way!

Sunday (Happy Valentine's Day!) was a little crazier just because of church but ended up being a really relaxed day. We all chilled out yesterday afternoon and watched The Watcher in the Woods. If you don't remember that movie, it is an old Disney movie released in 1980 that use to creep my friend Missi and me out! Shareen had never seen it and I have a bad habit of making her watch movies that I use to watch when I was younger. I mean, she doesn't know what she's missing! And she actually admits that a lot of 80s music is good so she should appreciate some good 80s movies, right? Right! Ok, I'm not going to say the special effects were equivalent to any movie released today, but for an eleven year old in the 80s, Watcher was pretty spooky!

So our whole weekend turned out to be pretty fabulous!

No comments: