Blogger Backgrounds

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

So Fresh and So Clean, Clean

Well, Christmas has come and gone and I have that feeling that I usually have this time of year... chaos. Now I'm not one to make new year's resolutions, but I understand why people do. After the craziness of the holidays, the end of the year always brings the need to put things back in order, reorganize, refresh.

I've got to get this tree down and move my living room furniture back the way it was before I go insane. I've already taken down all the decorations. I just have to find a place to put the tree. It's bigger than the one we had for almost 10 years and I'm not sure where to put it. It's a great tree, just big (for us anyway).

I have got to get Shareen's bedroom moved downstairs so her room can become the playroom. Then I can move these toys that are strewn all over the house into the playroom. I need to purge some old toys. I need organize all the little toys into bins (I already have bins, they are just not organized).

Also, I always get the urge to be crafty this time of year. For all those who don't know, I am NOT crafty, at all. I have great dreams of making beautiful, homemade cards for all occasions, documenting my children's lives and my family's adventures with totally shabby chic scrapbooks, making all kinds of cute, yet useful, crafts with my kids to keep and give as presents... well, Shareen will be 16 in a few weeks and doesn't give a crap about that kind of stuff so I've missed the window with her. Marlee is only 2 so there's still a chance... except the big dilemma that I am in no way creative or crafty. There is something about the holidays that makes me WANT to be, but the feeling loses it's sizzle sometime in early February. However, I'm determined to scrap some sort of something with some pics of my kids in the fresh, clean new year... no, really, I am... really... it's on my to-do-list...

1 comment:

Virginia said...

We're gonna get together and get some craftin' on sometime soon!