Blogger Backgrounds

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

THEY SAY SLEEP IS OVERRATED

Well, it is freezing cold outside and it's midnight and I can not sleep! I feel a little sick, but I think it's because I'm tired. Sometimes if I'm really tired but my mind is racing and I can't get settled, I feel sick to my stomach. So no sleep leads to the internet, which leads to facebook, which leads to perusing blogs, which leads to updating mine. So let's see...

I like finding ideas for meals that will feed my family, fill them up, be nutritious, be vegetarian and budget friendly. Our dinner tonight was just that. I made Chili Pasta, which is exactly what it sounds like. You cook any kind of pasta (we used whole wheat "seashells", that's what Marlee calls them) and then mix it with any kind of chili (we used Aldi brand vegetarian chili). You're just using the chili in place of pasta sauce. Voila`! Done! Add a salad or something if you want and dinner is served.

Marlee has been totally cracking me up the past few days. She always does, but the past few days she's really been hammin' it up. Sometimes when we're playing around, I call her a 'goob'. Shareen gets called a goob a lot too. So yesterday Marlee was cackling on about something and she said "I a siyee goop" ("I'm a silly goob", for those that don't speak her language)! I agreed with her that she definitely was.

I am very thankful that we have not had any real sickness here so far this winter. With all the flu and nastiness going around we've managed to stay relatively healthy. Now, I say this knowing full well that since I've said this, we'll probably all get sick. But really, that is to be expected, right? That's what people do. They get sick. Some of our wellness I contribute to the fact that my house is not spotless. I mean really, that's why I keep my house the way I do. I have their best interest at heart. Boost up those immune systems, right? Naturally fight off those germs! It's the kids of the germ-freak parents that are always sick! JUST KIDDING! GEEZ! Great, now my kids really will get sick.

Anyway, I guess that's all for now. I will once again attempt to go to sleep. I've got a feeling that may not work out.

No comments: